INTERNATIONAL TRANSDISCIPLINARY IN PERFORMING ARTS CONFERENCE 2020 (InTransPAC 2020)
Faculty of Music and Performing Arts
Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Tanjong Malim, Perak, Malaysia
9-10 November 2020
BREAKING BARRIERS, PURSUING EXCELLENCE
This is the first e-conference organised by the Faculty of Music and Performing Arts, which utilises technology in an effort to promote internationalisation.
The conference invites academics, researchers from a variety of disciplines across the Sciences and Social Sciences to share their research, ideas and findings. As a renowned academic institution, UPSI believes that innovative research, intellectual skills and creative ideas in various fields are essential for the development of an optimistic, humane and healthy society. The conference provides a conducive and knowledgeable environment to foster international dialogue and social networks in an effort to promote, maintain and strengthen the development of cross-disciplinary academic disciplines globally.
To promote transdisciplinary scholarship
To generate resources for publishing articles in journals to improve the Key Performance Index (KPI) of the university.
To share the research results and their contribution to the existing fields of knowledge.
To promote international cross-disciplinary academic dialogue.
To strengthen international networking.
To promote UPSI globally.
The Faculty of Music and Performing Arts of Sultan Idris Education University will host an INTERNATIONAL TRANSDISCIPLINARY IN PERFORMING ARTS CONFERENCE 2020 (InTransPAC 2020) from 9-10 November 2020
Date : 9-10 November 2020 (Monday-Tuesday)
Time : 9.00 a.m – 4.30 p.m
Venue : e-conference (Cisco Webex Meeting)
Theme: Breaking Barriers, Pursuing Excellence
Type of publications:
a) UPSI Journal (refereed journal) which will publish selected articles that have gone through the review process.
b) SCOPUS indexed journal
- Teaching and Learning in the Performing Arts
- Theatre Education
- Dance Education
- Music Education
- Gender Studies and the Performing Arts
- Performing Arts and Sports
- Performing Arts and Science
- Sustainability of Cultural Heritage through the Performing Arts
- Empowering Local Economy and Entrepreneurship though the Performing Arts
- Sustainable Development Goals and the Performing Arts
- Ecology and the Performing Arts
- Performing Arts and Ritual
- Indigenous Ontologies and Traditional Performing Arts
- Performing Arts and the Sociology of Religion
- Travel, Security, Health, Safety and the Performing Arts
- Socialisation, Intercultural Environment and the Arts
- Exoticisation of Performing Arts and the Objectification of Culture
- Performing Arts and Globalisation
- Sustainable Tourism: Urban Tourism and Cultural Heritage
- Performing Arts Policies
- Cultural Policies and Heritagisation
- Language and Intercultural Environment
- Technology and Development in Performing Arts
- Work Employment and Industrial Relations
- Law and the Performing Arts
- Performing Arts and Business
Associate Professor Dr. Irving Chan Johnson
National University of Singapore
Professor Dr. Matthew Isaac Cohen
University of Connecticut, USA
Website announcement: 31 July 2020
Abstract submission deadline:
31 August 2020 11 September 2020
Full paper submission deadline (SCOPUS):
31 August 2020 11 September 2020
Notification of acceptance: 20 September 2020
Registration and payment: 21 September – 15 October 2020
Video submission: 21 September –
15 October 2020 30 October 2020
Full paper submission for refereed journal deadline: 30 November 2020
UPSI Refereed Journal
SCOPUS Indexed Journal
- All paper presentations will be delivered via a pre-recorded 15 minute video presentation to be followed by a 5 minute question and answer session.
- Presenters are required to submit the video presentation in MP4 format before 15 October 2020.
- The conference link will be provided by the Faculty of Music and Performing Arts of Sultan Idris Education University via email after registration is complete and payment has been made.
- The presentation video should contain presentation slides. The maximum duration of the presentation video is 15 minutes.
- The first slide should include the title of the presentation, the presenter’s name, the presenter’s affiliation, and a photo of the presenter.
- English is the official language of the conference, however, presenters may choose to deliver their papers in Bahasa Melayu. All abstracts and presentation slides are to be submitted in English.
Sultan Idris Education University
35900 Tanjong Malim
Telephone: +605 – 450 6702
Fax: +605 – 458 3602
Best viewed: Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 and above with screen resolution 1024 x 768